Jump to navigation
Board of Directors
- Over 15 years of experience in the energy sector as a principal investor, investment banker and project finance counsel. Mr. Burba is responsible for Pine Brook’s investment activities in Canada
- Currently represents Pine Brook as a director of High Ground Energy Inc., Saguaro Resources Ltd, and Serafina Energy Ltd. and is also involved in the firm’s investments in Forge Energy LLC, Common Resources LLC, Common Resources II, LLC, Common Resources III, LLC, and Phoenix Exploration Company, LP.
- Prior to joining Pine Brook in 2008, Mr. Burba was with Credit Suisse, where he was a principal investor in the Special Opportunities Group and was responsible for investments in energy, metals and mining, renewables, and oil and gas, prior thereto he was with Credit Suisse, and began his career at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
- Mr. Chew is the Vice President, Energy Investment Team at Pine Brook
- Formerly with Oppenheimer & Co., Industrial Growth & Services Group as an analyst specializing in transactions related to oil and gas, capital goods, chemicals and transportation
- Over 30 years of experience in the oil and gas sector with Royal Dutch Shell/Shell Canada and Athabasca Oil Corporation. Mr. Gould is the CEO of Aspen Leaf Energy Limited
- Completed over $25 billion of transactions, including corporate and asset acquisitions, sales and joint ventures
- Experience in conventional oil and gas assets, EOR, oil sands and unconventional resource plays
- Mr. Maa is a principal on Pine Brook’s energy investment team and joined Pine Brook in 2012
- Mr. Maa represents Pine Brook as a director of Comet Ridge Resources, LLC, Elevation Resources Holdings LLC, High Ground Energy Inc., Saguaro Resources Ltd., and Serafina Energy Ltd.
- Prior to joining Pine Brook, Mr. Maa was a vice president at Denham Capital Management, LP, where he specialized in energy infrastructure and oilfield services investment opportunities. Prior to that, Mr. Maa was an analyst in the Global Investment Research Group at Goldman, Sachs & Co, where he focused on energy master limited partnership
- Mr. Dundas is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Enerplus Corporation and is responsible for overall leadership of the strategic and operational performance of Enerplus. Mr. Dundas’ 22 years of experience includes corporate acquisition and divestment activities, development and execution of operational strategies, strategic planning, and marketing and reserves.
- Prior to joining Enerplus, Mr. Dundas held several executive positions in the merchant banking business, where he helped oil and gas companies grow by accessing the funding and expertise they required. Mr. Dundas is a member of the Business Council of Canada and a Governor of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers. Mr. Dundas is currently the Co-Chair of the YMCA Power of Potential Campaign Committee. Mr. Dundas holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Distinction) from the University of Calgary and a Bachelor of Laws (Distinction) from the University of Alberta. He was called to the Alberta Bar in 1995.